Monday, March 1, 2010

My Encounter with Ling Tan after 10 Years..





I am a fan. Our very own Malaysian 1st Supermodel Ling Tan who has graced numerous runways, fashion magazines and campaign ads... Her unique beauty is irreplaceable. She spells oriental beauty. I would love to work with her some day...

It was 10 years ago... when she returned from New York to promo Emporio Armani's perfume launch. She signed a magazine cover for me and took pictures. Me acting like a small fan, shy and excited watching my supermodel idol and images of her in Dior show floated in my mind... and the stunning scene of guest appearance in the movie Studio 54. She is a star.

Surprisingly, 10 years later. I met her personally and formally introduced. She hasn't aged a bit, looking stunningly gorgeous without make up, plain comfy clothes and her signature long jet black straight hair. I am glad. Telling her the story...

Later, I found numerous covers featuring Ling Tan... Someday, I would really want to work with her. No matter how long it will take. I will.

3 comments:

  1. do you work as a fashion photographer? glad to follow a local photographer's blog =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, i am not a fashion photographer. I am a fashion stylist. Thanks for taking interest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i see. no problem, ur blog features beyond the runway and ad campaign, i love those editorial photos u frequently upload.^^

    ReplyDelete