Tuesday, February 23, 2010

May You Find Peace. R.I.P Alexander McQueen



It came as a shock to me when I heard about McQueen's death that night. I thought it was some rumours on twitter. But it turned out was not. I was loss of words and couldn't imagine a genius like that would choose to end his life that way.

I am writing this not to report the news but I just wanted to say a few words about the person who is ever so inspiring and creative.

I can't afford his clothes, But I have seen how beautiful they were made,
I haven't been to his shows but I know how he redefine the word "show",
I might not be fashionable but he teach me clothes is more than fashion,
I haven't met him yet, but i know he is still with us,
His work of genius will be a legend,
He can never be replaced,
Legend.

I dare to say he is the only one who push limits, who had a vision of a way of presenting his show. A show is indeed a show, not just any runway show. His clothes are created, spells more than fashion because it was never the current trend. It was a vision, an imagination turned into reality. Make it accessible, making it happen.

Who else can achieve all these besides Alexander McQueen?

To create is to create. Rest in peace Lee Alexander McQueen.

Always have you in my heart.


Ethan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment